Sunday, September 26

Shadowed's Characters.

After glancing at the pages of Depravity and noting character strengths, it got me thinking on my NaNo novel: Shadowed. What, I'd wondered, are my characters like? Do I know them at all? Of course I know Soraya from Depravity much better than Maia from Shadowed; Soraya is like an old friend--I've known her forever--where as Maia is a newcomer. A stranger, almost. And that just won't work when I'm writing about her.

To help me figure her out, I found this nice link suggested by someone on the NaNo forums. I've answered a few personality questions about Maia in her POV, and I've come up with results. Here they are:

Global Personality Test Results
Stability (40%) moderately low which suggests you are worrying, insecure, emotional, and anxious.
Orderliness (36%) moderately low which suggests you are, at times, overly flexible, improvised, and fun seeking at the expense of reliability, work ethic, and long term accomplishment.
Extraversion (56%) moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly talkative, outgoing, sociable and interacting at the expense of developing your own individual interests and internally based identity.
Take Free Global Personality Test
personality tests by similarminds.com


messy, irritable, depressed, fragile, worrying, emotionally sensitive, does not like to lead, phobic, weird, suspicious, low self control, paranoid, frequently second guesses self, dependent, unproductive, introverted, weak, strange, unassertive, submissive, familiar with the dark side of life, feels invisible, rash, vain, anti-authority, heart over mind, low self concept, disorganized, not good at saving money, avoidant, daydreamer, unadventurous
 

Now I don't know about you, but I find these answers hysterical, especially because I know Maia would hate to be known as "fragile" and "weak". She would definitely agree that she is fragile and weak, but she'd hate to admit it. It's this pride thing she has going on, unlike Soraya, who has a low self-esteem. Maia has a high self-esteem.

Apparently Maia though isn't that much of a problem. The problem's probably Zeric. So I took the same quiz as well for him. And the results are here:

Global Personality Test Results
Stability (66%) moderately high which suggests you are relaxed, calm, secure, and optimistic.
Orderliness (46%) medium which suggests you are moderately organized, hard working, and reliable while still remaining flexible, efficient, and fun.
Extraversion (56%) moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly talkative, outgoing, sociable and interacting at the expense of developing your own individual interests and internally based identity.
Take Free Global Personality Test
personality tests by similarminds.com

rarely irritated, positive, tough, non phobic, fearless, likes the unknown, self reliant, high self control, confident, trusting, strong instincts, prudent, optimistic, willful, likes parties, prefers a specialized career, takes charge, altruistic, strong, high self concept, adventurous, practical, thoughtful
This is different for Zeric, though. He has a different personality throughout most of the novel than what he's really like--if that makes any sense.

I like to think that Maia and Zeric are polar opposites. And I'm pretty sure that even these personality tests agree. It's gonna be really fun to write about them...I can see it now....

- E

No comments:

Post a Comment

...share your musings too :]