Friday, May 20

Divergent is pretty freakingamazing.

Not only is the cover amazing, but the blurb, which can be found HERE, is also freakingamazing. The freakingamazingness, of course, is mainly derived from the freakingamazing characters and the equally freakingamazing plot, and the freakingamazing prose and ideas blended into this freaking. amazing. novel.

Sorry for overusing that word. (Which, now that I think about it, really isn't a word at all.)

I honestly wish I owned this beautiful, beautiful piece of work. But I don't. I've only borrowed it from my library. Now I'm forcing my older sister to read it. She's currently struggling with City of Fallen Angels (Cassandra Clare), but honestly, I feel like Divergent might be better. Even better than City of Bones, which has been my favorite for a long time. So yup, Divergent is now my favorite book. (I actually want to say a classic, like To Kill a Mockingbird or something is my favorite read, but I can't. Sadly. The YA World has grabbed a tight hold on me and it isn't going to let go for awhile.)

(WARNING: SPOILERS BELOW)

I loved, loved LOVED Four. I mean, Tobias (I still refer to him as Four because I'm just used to reading "Four" instead of "Tobias"). Tris was a freakingamazing (<--there goes that word again :P) heroine, too, but Tobias was all the way my favorite character. The ending of Divergent was a MAJOR cliff-hanger. It was exactly like--like--well, City of Fallen Angels. But this time, the stakes are much higher, and the tension stronger. Plus the ending of City of Fallen Angels wasn't exactly that great. (Frankly, I thought COFA was kind of pointless, but I still love the overall ideas and characters of the series, so I'm still sticking with reading the rest of Cassandra Clare's books).

(END SPOILER)

So people reading this blog: if you haven't read this book (which debuted as #6 on the NYT Bestseller List), you should read it. Now.

- E

1 comment:

  1. I've heard that Paranormalcy was really good though I haven't brought myself to buying it yet. I've also see Divergent a few times but haven't paid it much attention.

    I've given you an award here: http://brookerbusse.blogspot.com/2011/05/im-on-fire.html

    ReplyDelete

...share your musings too :]